There’s no reason to drink and drive on Super Bowl Sunday. Many transportation companies are offering reduced-price coupon codes for the day. You can also reduce your price even more if you know how to avoid surge pricing. If you know of any other good coupon codes, let us know in the comments below.
Uber Codes & Surge Pricing TipsIf you’re a new Uber user, the following codes may be able to get you a free or reduced-price ride today for your Super Bowl outing. Keep in mind that when the Super Bowl ends, especially if you’re near the actual game, Uber will likely surge its prices during higher traffic times. If you want to check on surge pricing, SurgeProtector is one app that lets you find close locations that don’t have Uber surges. SurgeApp is another, and so is Uber Estimate. To avoid surges, try to leave a little before the game ends or stay at your location longer. You can pay attention to fare estimates on your phone, to get an idea of when is the best time to call your Uber. You can also share rides with people going to similar locations using UberPOOL where it’s available. According to RetailMeNot and other sources, the following codes may work for you. You may be able to find additional codes on the subreddit here.
- CAESARS5: Up to $20 off your first trip
- UBERAMEX: Up to $30 off with American Express and Uber
- Book through Google Maps and get up to $15 off your first trip
- Uber riders in Atlanta will get half off with MARTA4GAME if they get a ride to or from the Atlanta public transit system.
- Fans of the losing team will get a free ride for up to an hour after the game. Uber Rewards members in the losing city will see the promo code in the app on Sunday in Boston or Los Angeles. It’s worth $50 on UberX, UberXL, UberPOOL, Express Pool, and WAV. And it’s good up to 60 minutes after the game. To be eligible, just sign up for Uber Rewards through the Uber app. There’s no cost.
Lyft CodesIf you prefer using Lyft to Uber, the following codes may be useful. Note that Lyft may change or cancel these codes at any time. (Look at RetailMeNot for more codes if these don’t work.)
- 20LYFTPROMO: $2 credit per ride for 10 rides
- RIDESTERLYFT: Up to $50 in ride credit
- RIDEON2019: Up to $50 ride credit (also RIDESTERLYFT, BESTRIDECOUPON, RIDESHAREAPPS, and FALLCODE)
- Half-off rides to MARTA stations with SUPERMARTA. This can be used for $10 off up to 10 rides, and was available a week leading up to the game in Atlanta.