- CALIFORNIA TO THRASH OUT GIG WORKER STATUS IN UPCOMING BILL: Gig worker or employee?
California will wrestle with that question this year with efforts under way in Sacramento to either codify or limit a groundbreaking state Supreme Court decision [read full article]
- UBER ACCOUNTS HACKED TO FUEL OVERSEAS MONEY LAUNDERING SCHEME: Just about everyone has had their identity compromised in the past year, from data breaches to credit card fraud. It happens because [read full article]
- SEC WANTS LINE ITEMS ON DRIVER WAGES DISCLOSED IN UBER’S IPO: Through the second quarter of 2018, which ended June 30, Uber broke out numbers on driver earnings, disclosing them in a “contra revenue” section of its income statements. They were interesting! [read full article]
- NYC CAP ON DRIVERS BIG PROBLEM FOR UBER: Uber filed a lawsuit on Friday to overturn New York City’s first-in-the-nation law capping the number of ride-hail drivers that operate on its streets. The law, which [read full article]
- UBER AND LYFT DRIVERS WILL REPORTEDLY GET STOCK IN THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED IPO’S: Ride-hailing companies Uber Technologies and Lyft will give some of their drivers a chance to participate in their initial public offerings [read full article]