Today guest, Ron Walter, and I discuss the precedent that has been set for DoorDash Dashers by the Colorado Department of Labor & Employment (CDLE).
- 00:00:00 Introduction.
- 00:01:15 How this Doordash situation started.
- 00:04:00 Colorado Department of Labor & Employment (CDLE) Ruling.
- 00:06:45 The “ABC” Test.
- 00:12:30 “We are NOT a food delivery company” -Doordash.
- 00:17:30 Notifying “Dashers” they are not taking enough orders.
- 00:23:00 Doordash had no response to questions regarding “Acceptance Rate”.
- 00:29:30 Why didn’t DoorDash just pay the $227?
- 00:35:00 3rd party insurance.
- 00:40:00 Will this impact the gig economy?
- 00:50:00 Why do people think these gig companies could/would handle W2 employees?
- 00:54:00 What is to stop Colorado Doordash Dashers from doing this?
- 01:00:00 Comparison to California AB5.
- 01:05:00 Concerns on the National level.
- 01:10:00 Kim Kavin the I.C. rock star.
- 01:14:00 How could this effect “unemployment”?
- 01:20:00 Outro.
.:: Links ::.
- Colorado Independent Drivers United: https://cidu-cwa7777.org/news/cidu-newsletter-no-4/
- Colorado Department Of Labor Standards & Statistics Wage & Hour Citation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nrugPZAZU2soYh-nSxAUzumHYxTlSjW9/view
- Colorado Department of Labor & Employment: https://cdle.colorado.gov/decisions-appeals-resources-faqs
- DoorDash Class Action Lawsuit (specific to Massachusetts and Illinois law): https://www.classlawgroup.com/employment/doordash-driver-class-action-lawsuit/
.:: BECOME A PATREON MEMBER AND HELP SUPPORT OUR CREATIVE CONTENT ::.
.:: Sponsored by Middleton Tech ::.
Questions, Comments, Concerns post below