You’ve surely heard about the Guinness World Records. They are good at keeping track of many amazing things people can do. Apparently, there’s even one for breaking records on how many record-breaking records you can break in one hour! In all seriousness, though, these quirky record books have been around for a while and inspired a lot of people to push their own limits.
What is the connection with Uber, you might ask? Well, because taking an Uber has become so ubiquitous in our day-by-day life, there are a lot of rides and kilometers completed each day. Therefore, inspired by the enthusiasm around breaking records, Uber made its own list.
Here is the Uber National Records Book for Romania:
- Biggest number of trips completed by one driver in the last 5 years: 41.026
- Biggest number of trips completed by one driver in 2021: 11.082
- Most lifetime completed trips by one driver: 40.795
- Longest trip completed by one driver in the last 5 years: 850.24 Km
- The coolest car on the app: Porsche Cayenne
- Biggest number of trips completed by a female driver in the last 5 years: 19.336
- The longest time somebody has been an Uber driver: 8 years
- Biggest number of trips completed by one driver during nighttime in the last 5 years: 21.603
- Biggest number of airport trips completed by one driver in the last 5 years: 3.929
On the Uber app drivers can also receive feedback for the trip they just completed. On one hand it is important to do so as a safety measure for future riders, on the other hand it helps drivers acknowledge that people notice when they do a great job. Therefore, on the list of national records, Uber added a category with the most rewards and highest ratings drivers have received.
- The largest tipped amount received by a driver in the last 5 years: 5.303 RON
- The largest number of 5-star ratings received by one driver within one year: 6.393
Out of the tens of thousands of trips, everyone has that Uber ride they remember – maybe the driver beat the odds and helped you catch the train, or talked you through a difficult day, or shared a story you won’t easily forget, or just had the perfect radio tune to match your train of thoughts.